La Ventana info and discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

resort suggestions

Go down

resort suggestions Empty resort suggestions

Post by dean Mon Sep 30, 2024 11:08 am

please read through all the below suggestions/requirements

Please do not feed Ratty, and never let her clean a greasy pan or plate this shortens he life as chihuahuas have very small hearts.  The Vet has warned me about this.  

we have a septic system, plus never put fat grease down it.  
https://www.realsimple.com/things-you-should-never-flush-down-the-toilet-8720040  

7 Things You Should Never, Ever Flush Down the Toilet, According to Plumbers  

The mechanisms that allow your toilet to flush are probably high on the list of things you don’t think about very often. It’s easy to take modern plumbing for granted—and maybe even easier to make absent-minded mistakes when it comes to flushing things down the toilet.

In fact, plumbers make a strong case for never tossing in anything other than toilet paper. (If they could, they would shout this from the rooftops.) Ahead, find the six items experts say you should never flush or pour down the toilet.

Nate Hudelson, plumber at Schlueter Plumbing
Bethany Uribe, mitigation division supervisor at ASAP Restoration
9 Things You Should Never Put Down Your Garbage Disposal, According to Plumbers
Wipes
The label on your container of wipes might say they’re flushable, but Bethany Uribe, mitigation division supervisor at ASAP Restoration, says you should still avoid them.

“Even if it claims to be biodegradable, earth-friendly, or disposable, those wipes are not flushable, and they will absolutely clog your system or worse,” Uribe says. “When these wipes collect in a snag along the pipe, or when they encounter a bend, curve or joint, they create an impenetrable barrier." What does this mean? If enough of them accumulate and create a total blockage, this can destroy your pipes and cause a backup or leak all at the same time, she explains.

Paper Towels
Paper towels are thicker, more durable, and more absorbent than toilet paper, say the experts, meaning they don’t break down as easily.

“Even though the toilet may flush them down or appear to have flushed them down, it can still get lodged in the piping and that is where issues can arise,” explains Nate Hudelson, AKA the “No Nonsense Plumber” with Schlueter Plumbing.

Feminine Products
Similarly, tampons, pads, and other feminine products are designed for maximum absorbency, which doesn’t bode well if they’re stuck in your plumbing.

“The same reason that makes these products good at their intended purpose also makes them terrible for your plumbing system,” Uribe says. “This is because these absorbent materials expand significantly when they are introduced to water, and when this happens they can completely clog an entire plumbing system so thoroughly that you need a professional for assistance.”

Drain Cleaner Chemicals
If you’ve ever noticed your toilet flushing slower or your sink basin taking longer to empty, maybe you’ve been tempted to pick up some chemical drain cleaners to clear them out. That’s what they’re made for, right? Not so fast, says Uribe.

“Many chemicals that claim to be able to clean out a clogged drain can actually cause failures in portions of your plumbing system. If the chemicals corrode your pipes, then this can cause leaks or flooding,” she says. “While these pour-it-and-forget-it drain cleaning products are appealing due to their simplicity, they can ultimately cause more trouble than good.”

Dental Floss
Floss is quite thin, but the stuff that works great at cleaning your teeth spells danger for your plumbing. It easily can get lodged in your pipes permanently.

“If this happens, it can be just enough to catch other things behind it and ultimately create a dam of sorts that then becomes a future clog,” Uribe says. “Think of it like a beaver dam—small twigs, sticks, and plant fibers make up the strength of the structure, and synthetic versions of these things will do the same in your pipes.”

If You Hate Flossing, a Water Flosser Could Be the Answer—and It’s More Affordable Than You Think
Toys (and Other Sneaky Additions From Kids)
You’d never tell your kids to put toys in the toilet, but it happens more often than you think, says Hudelson. Try to teach children about the dangers of flushing objects down the toilet early.

“Folks sometimes don’t realize that children love to throw things in the toilet and watch them go down. From toy soldiers to Buzz Lightyear and even a doorstop or two, kids love to throw things in, not realizing how expensive it can be for mom and dad to call the plumber,” he says.

“There was a two-year-old who flushed bars of soap down the toilet, and we had to physically remove the toilet and cut the soap out. We thought we'd have to throw out the toilet, but we managed to save it," Hudelson says.

Really, Anything That Doesn't Break Down
Plumbers also warn against flushing medications, cooking grease or oils, cat litter, cigarette butts, household chemicals, paint, cotton balls, cotton swabs, and more. The bottom line? Anything that goes beyond human waste and your average roll of toilet paper should not be disposed of in your toilet.

“These other items don’t break down,” Hudelson says. “Next thing you know, you have a bad clog in your plumbing system.”
[/quote]

Last edited by dean on Tue Oct 08, 2024 7:59 am; edited 3 times in total

dean

Back to top Go down

resort suggestions Empty how to take care of pots pans

Post by dean Mon Sep 30, 2024 11:12 am

never use a fork in a non-stick pan, never use metal forks/knives/utensils in and pot or pan, that is non stick or metal..  

How to *Not* Ruin Your Nonstick Pan

https://food52.com/blog/25458-how-to-care-for-nonstick-pans

Last edited by dean on Tue Oct 08, 2024 8:08 am; edited 2 times in total

dean

Back to top Go down

resort suggestions Empty how to care for knives

Post by dean Mon Sep 30, 2024 11:14 am

Never cut with knives on a metal pan or counter top without a plastic cutting board protector .

7 Tips for Knife Care And Maintaining Your Knife In 2022

https://www.koiknives.com/blogs/news_updates/7-tips-for-knife-care-and-maintaining-your-knife-in-2022

Last edited by dean on Tue Oct 08, 2024 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total

dean

Back to top Go down

resort suggestions Empty Dealing with garbage.

Post by dean Mon Sep 30, 2024 11:26 am

Dealing with garbage.   Garbage cans are at the front gate to the north side, and when busy we recycle.  Other garbage cans be found around the property but NONE are for garbage,  garbage only at the front of the property close to the road ie drive in gate.       

There is a large can with a attached lid at the front gate that is ONLY for large kitchen garbage bags of items that have potentially items that spoil and attract flies and so on.    Do not throw small items or small bags into these.      Next we have larger cans that do not have lids.    These are for dry items.  

always smash milk and so on cartons and put the lid back on and pit in cardboard if cardboard recycling, and if plastic smash and put lid on put in plastics recycling.    Egg cartons are to be returned to oscoritos grocery store.    Beer cans are to be smashed and put in aluminum.     Metal cans to be smashed and put in metal container (not in aluminum recycling).   Cardboard including boxes are to be broken down and put in the recycling named paper or cardboard.  

If you do not want to deal with garbage please do not use the kitchen.  

Never fill kitchen garbage can to the top, remove the bag and tie a proper knot that does not allow bugs to enter and breed.   once tied off take it to the covered/with lid larger garbage can at the gate.    Else if not put in tied well flies will lay eggs and we will have a fly problem.  

The turtles will eat vegetables like lettus, broccoli,  greens , carrots and so on, this includes tha parts like the stems and old wilted even moldy.       They do not need tomato's, or fruits these have high sugar content that can harm them if more than once a week and I give them the sweet stuff every two weeks or once a week.          

If you do not want to follow these rules please eat out and not use the kitchen.

also much of the waste that the turtles can not eat can be given to the cows.  But near our location because Ratty chases cows and has been hit by a car chasing them before, she really loses all common sense when she is herding cows.     So we do not want to attract cows.    

Fish bones, and other meat trimmings bones, please put in one of the bags from the grocery store and then put in our garbage can,  this is a major help in stopping maggots/flies.  

Also please do not put sharp things that rip the garbage bags in the garbage, it causes flies to breed. If you buy fresh pineapple the remails must go to the cows as they puncture the garbage bags and we get flies.

Last edited by dean on Wed Oct 09, 2024 10:05 am; edited 4 times in total

dean

Back to top Go down

resort suggestions Empty gate opening and closing

Post by dean Mon Sep 30, 2024 11:29 am

Please please, do not allow any gate to slam when opening or closing, close by hand.    Don't let them go and slam.

Always keep gates closed and front gate must be locked.    Exception is you know for sure you will be back in 5-10 minutes, but not at night.

Last edited by dean on Tue Oct 08, 2024 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total

dean

Back to top Go down

resort suggestions Empty kitchen

Post by dean Tue Oct 08, 2024 7:52 am

If you use the drinking water and it empties when you are getting some, you pay for a new bottle and change it.   If you do not want to do this then buy your own water from the stores.    

Please do not use the electric oven, use the gas oven.    There is a convection electric oven/microwarve that can be used.    

If you break it you replace it or just do not use it.    This goes for anything on the property.    Nothing from the kitchen may be taken off the property without written permission each time.  

If you use the stove you need to clean it after use if dirty.   You must also clean your pans in a timely manner.  

And then put the dried utensils away later.     

One shelf in the fridges.    Please put piece of used cardboard on your used shelf with your name…   each room gets one shelf during Christmas NY 2 weeks.    After that time one shelf per adult. Campers and RV do not get shelves unless paying an additional Kitchen use fee.    One shelf storage container per person.

If cooking something on the gas stove you must remain in the kitchen area, no unattended use of the gas stove.     Includes the tea water.      If you are slow cooking at very low is an exception, and it is best to use the electric inductive stove in those cases.

Last edited by dean on Wed Oct 09, 2024 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total

dean

Back to top Go down

resort suggestions Empty Showers

Post by dean Wed Oct 09, 2024 9:19 am

Please rinse all sand off before entering the shower room.   Sand in drains are not our friend.   Sand does not dissolve and fills and clogs pipes, plumbing traps, and septic systems.  

This is a desert with a water shortage, please conserve water.  Take military showers where you  wet yourself down and then turn off the water and lather up.    Then on to rinse remove the soaps.

RV and campers are to use the the bathroom at the wall.    I will be installing a Urinal there that all makes should use vs the toilets.    

Best if everyone uses the solar shower room that mediates the capacity of the septic system, this water feeds my plants.  .    

I am in the process of the following, have already added 4 stages of filtering the water entering the property,  have bought a UV sterilizer that I will be sterilizing all the water entering the property.   Then I have bought a water softener to be installed, i have heard people in LV have had sucess with water softeners.     So again please do not waste wate.     If you hear a toilet leaking please email me right away.

Last edited by dean on Wed Oct 09, 2024 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total

dean

Back to top Go down

resort suggestions Empty toilets

Post by dean Wed Oct 09, 2024 9:23 am

We no longer flush toilet paper and or anything. Use the garbage cans . If you do not mind use the metal room toilets and or the one at the wall. Rooms with toilets may flush toilet paper.

If you hear a toilet leaking handle getting stuck please notify me via email right away.

dean

Back to top Go down

resort suggestions Empty Kayak and SUP

Post by dean Wed Oct 09, 2024 9:29 am

I have a Kayak and SUP.

the paddles are behind the changing room. and must be returned to that location. Do not take other peoples/guests personal Kayak or SUPs. Also return the Kayak and or Sup back to the upper location one found it on, they are not to be left on the beach.

One has to send me an email that one is using the item before taking it out and one has to email me that it it is returned to same location.

If there are to many people using must send me an email to reserve it for 1 hour increments.

dean

Back to top Go down

resort suggestions Empty My tools

Post by dean Wed Oct 09, 2024 9:33 am

any items in my garage and so on you must get email permission to use before using it every time. And report back via email that it was returned to location. Tis includes yard items my kite equipment and so on. My tools are not part of the rental. Once exception is arriving and needing a screw driver, but must put away in exact location when done right way.

dean

Back to top Go down

resort suggestions Empty cooked food storage

Post by dean Wed Oct 09, 2024 9:38 am

No putting dishes, pots and pans in the fridge. Use the containers from to go restaurants, jars or plastic containers in the recycling to store your food.

dean

Back to top Go down

resort suggestions Empty dog poop

Post by dean Wed Oct 09, 2024 9:56 am

dog poop, can not go in the garbage cans for many important reasons. even in mini bags, they get smashed and it is a disater. Talk to me about your plan.

dean

Back to top Go down

resort suggestions Empty washing machine

Post by dean Wed Oct 09, 2024 10:01 am

I charge a lot to do laundry here, I charge a lot, these machines are critical for me for my business.

If you do use them you must get email permission from me to do it. With this email permission from memust be done before 9am and you may not leave the premises before the items are hung. Only sheets go on the long lines, and only use a single quadrant of the hanging tree for your items. and items must be off the lines by 7pm that night.

No hanging of your own items on these lines for drying of your items without email permission too.

dean

Back to top Go down

resort suggestions Empty wet damp grear.

Post by dean Wed Oct 09, 2024 10:04 am

do not dry your items like towels and wetsuits on steel-metal items except aluminum. our water has a high salt content that destroys steel.

dean

Back to top Go down

resort suggestions Empty Gas Oven

Post by dean Wed Oct 09, 2024 10:08 am

When lighting the gas oven always turn the pilot light on when the oven door is open. It can explode if you do ot do this.

dean

Back to top Go down

resort suggestions Empty gas stove top

Post by dean Wed Oct 09, 2024 10:21 am

we have had problems with people leaving the stoves on because it is an outdoor kitchen and people turn the knob the wrong way thinking they have turned it off but put it on low. Please pay extra attention.

and again no leaving items unattended on the gas stoves. Unless it is on extreme low else use the induction electric one.

When there is high wind please close the metal door so the flames are not blown out and have the large cutting board in places next to the stove. Or use the induction stovetop. I have a crock pot I can lend too.

also read this do not overshoot the flames on a pan.

Use a smaller burner if any flames are shooting to the side. absolutely none of those 3 inch diameter coffee makers are ever to be used here, is is a horrible waste of gas and damage to the environment. .

https://www.thedailymeal.com/1567081/gas-stove-burner-size-mistake/#:~:text=Those%20flames%20licking%20up%20the,and%20scorching%20or%20melting%20them.

The Gas Stove Burner Mistake You Need To Stop Making

Read More: https://www.thedailymeal.com/1567081/gas-stove-burner-size-mistake/

Gas stoves offer a fast-responding cooking method for everything from boiling water to heating a wok or cooking steaks on an indoor grill pan. While some chefs swear by the redeeming qualities of gas ranges, there are many ways the average cook might create wasteful or even harmful situations when using them. One of at least eight mistakes everyone makes when cooking on a gas stove top is using a small pan on a large burner. Not only is this inefficient, but this mismatch can damage cookware and cause burns.

Read More: https://www.thedailymeal.com/1567081/gas-stove-burner-size-mistake/

dean

Back to top Go down

resort suggestions Empty rinsing kiting windsurfing gear.

Post by dean Wed Oct 09, 2024 10:24 am

it is a horrible waste of kiting windsurfing gear, it just needs to be allowed to dry.

Our water is so salty that it does no good and there is no way you can get all the saltwater bacteria out of it. I had never done so with my windsurfing gear in a season ever.

For departing to go on a flight , ya you can rinse your sand off it.

dean

Back to top Go down

resort suggestions Empty Famers market on Thursdasy and one vendor with fruits veggie

Post by dean Wed Oct 09, 2024 10:27 am

best vendor is 100 meters away.

dean

Back to top Go down

resort suggestions Empty eating out and so on

Post by dean Wed Oct 09, 2024 10:28 am

I think Palapas Ventana is best value and quality for breakfast with great water view and short walk.

The round restaurant below us is a decent place to eat being on the water.

There is a new moped delivery guy in town.

Only coffee by kojote coffee is advised in my machine, ask Santi or Sophia to pick it up for you.

Last edited by dean on Wed Oct 09, 2024 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total

dean

Back to top Go down

resort suggestions Empty beer bottles

Post by dean Wed Oct 09, 2024 10:30 am

Please buy beer cans or returnable beer bottles. If you insist on beer bottles it is your responsibility to take them to recycling center on Thursdays. Do not leave returnable bottles here when you depart mexico.

dean

Back to top Go down

resort suggestions Empty do not leave foods out overnight.

Post by dean Wed Oct 09, 2024 10:34 am

Breads and such should not be left out as it invites, cats, mice and rodents as well as bugs.

The glass tabletop over blue table is for open shared consumption items. Please do not leave personal items on the blue surface either..

dean

Back to top Go down

resort suggestions Empty internet passwords; phone and contacting me

Post by dean Wed Oct 09, 2024 10:38 am

the password and my email and phone  is posted on a fridge in the kitchen.

If you call me please note I am hearing impaired from birth, I can not hear my cell phone in general if I am outdoors or in noisy areas.   You may have to call several times and I will notice it.

Last edited by dean on Thu Oct 10, 2024 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total

dean

Back to top Go down

resort suggestions Empty No smoking on the property

Post by dean Wed Oct 09, 2024 10:43 am

If you want to smoke step outside the gate.

dean

Back to top Go down

resort suggestions Empty If you break it...

Post by dean Thu Oct 10, 2024 9:26 am

If you break it you fix it or replace it...

dean

Back to top Go down